Established in 1959, Family Optical is a full service family run and owned optical store.
Fifty-two years of excellence and commitment to eye care is what separates us from the others. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality eye care.
FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT
Our expert opticians properly fit and adjust your eyewear. Pick your lenses after your appointment, or come back another time. Appointments are not necessary for our eyeglass purchases or adjustments.
SERVICES AND OFFERINGS INCLUDE
Varilux brand progressive lenses. Crizal brand anti-reflective coating. Curb-side service. Delivery to nursing homes and adult day care facilities in our area of glasses and repairs on glasses.
Transitions brand lenses. Strong RX. Prism glasses. Safety glasses. Eye exams and contact lens fittings.
GLASSES + LENSES
- Comprehensive eyeglass and contact lens exams
- Transitions lenses
- Progressive bifocals
- Difficult prescriptions, including prisms and thick lenses
- New wave design progressive bifocals
- Infant eyeglasses with cable temples
- Extra large frame styles available for both men and women
- Sports glasses for children & adults (including swim, football, soccer, racketball, etc.)
- Prescription sunglasses
- OSHA approved safety/industrial eye wear with side shields
- Budget frames
- Complete eyeglass packages available
- Extensive selection of designer frames
- Contact lenses: including multi-focal, toric (astigmatism) and colors
- Glass lenses available; both clear and photo-gray extra
- Motorcycle glasses for both men and women
- Special accommodations available for those with special needs
- In-vehicle customer service available for those with special needs
PROGRESSIVE LENSES VS LINED BIFOCALS
Bifocals provide multiple areas for vision: distance, intermediate, and/or near. Progressive lenses provide correction for both plus the addition of intermediate (or computer) distance within the same lens! They provide a seamless transition to all three areas, where with lined bifocals there is a line that can cause an image “jump” or make the image blurred. First time progressive wearers usually adapt within a few hours to a few days. As for lined bifocals: most adapt within a few hours. We will assist you with adapting to either style when you pick up your new eyewear!
KIDS AND GLASSES
Children who wear corrective eyewear should get an eye exam every year beginning in pre-school, or as recommended by your eye doctor. Those who don’t can usually go every two years, if the child is healthy. The vision screening your child receives in school is just that: a screening, not an eye exam. We offer complete eye exams for children over five years old. For those younger, we recommend they be seen by a pediatric ophthalmologist.
We recommend Miraflex brand frames for kids who wear glasses. They are virtually un-breakable. Miralfex frames are made from hypoallergenic BPA free flexible plastic. They can hold thick prescriptions comfortably. And they come in a wide variety of sizes and over 25 colors!